Team Leader Youth Services
- Fantastic employee benefits
- Salary package commencing at $71,066 ($79,751.09 inclusive of superannuation and leave loading)
- Great relaxed lifestyle
- Rewarding opportunity to make your mark
- Position is based in Papunya
Welcome to MacDonnell Regional Council. We are a dynamic Council seeking to improve the lives of our residents by delivering valued and relevant services. The MacDonnell is surrounded by awe-inspiring landscapes, making for the perfect base to work, live and play.
This position will be based in Papunya, Papunya is hom to 418 residents who are mainly Luritja speakers. Other language groups in Papunya includes Pintubi, Warlpiri and arrernte. Also known as Warumpi, the community is located 240 km northwest of Laice Springs in Luritja Pintubi Ward of the MacDonnell Regional Council.
Our Youth Program delivers a variety of innovative youth programs in Amoonguna, Areyonga (Utju), Haasts Bluff (Ikuntji), Hermannsburg (Ntaria), Kintore (Walungurru), Mount Liebig (Watiyawanu), Papunya (Warumpi), Santa Teresa (Ltyentye Apurte) and Titjikala.
As the Team Leader, you will be responsible for all aspects of the MacYouth program in your community, which includes:
- Design and deliver age, gender and culturally relevant programming;
- Support the Youth Services staff through regular supervision, line management, and mentoring;
- Contribute towards building the capacity of local indigenous staff to create pathways for individual progression;
- Building positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders within the region;
- Help shape the youth program and provide positive opportunities for young people aged 5-25 years old.
Our successful candidate will have a positive attitude, strong communication skills, and experience working with young people. As Team Leader you will possess flexibility, have a strong work ethic, and the ability to serve as a role model for your team members and the young people in the community.
Your hard work will be recognised and rewarded. On top of your already competitive salary, you will enjoy up to 3% additional Employer Super Contribution and remote salary packaging. We offer 6 weeks annual leave with generous personal, study and cultural leave, as well as a family friendly needs and work life balance, employee assistance and a great team environment, just to name a few!
This is a unique opportunity to have a genuine influence in helping Council improve the lives of our residents and communities, while also further developing your own skills base and career pathways.
Please address Selection Criteria within your Cover Letter.
For further information on this position please refer to the Position Description or contact the MacYouth Team in Alice Springs (08) 08 8958 9600.
For more details about MacYouth please visit our Facebook page MacYouth - Home | Facebook
MacDonnell Regional Council recognises and respects the region's unique Aboriginal culture and 78% of our workforce are Aboriginal, therefore an understanding and awareness of cultural impacts and sensitivities is essential. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply and may be preferenced under our Special Measures Policy.