Customer Engagement Officer
- 2x Permanent/Part-time positions available
- Base Salary Package starting at $23,002.40 (or higher based on agreed hours of work)
- Total Effective Package: $25,652.10 - $64,240.56 (inclusive of leave loading and superannuation)
- Alice Springs
MacDonnell Regional Council
MRC was established in 2008 and its area covers our 13 major remote communities as well as many outstations. MRC employs over 500 staff, 370 of whom are the local Aboriginal staff.
MRC's vision is "many voices, one dream, building a quality desert lifestyle" and our mission is "to improve the lives of Council residents by delivering valued and relevant services".
We are seeking two part-time employees and are able to offer flexibility with hours of work for the right candidates for Customer Engagement Officer role that reports to the Coordinator Communications and Engagement and provides a high level of customer service to MacDonnell Regional Council customers and clients, administrative support to Corporate Services Directorate and Executive Assistant and council as a whole when required.
- Provide a positive customer service experience by greeting and responding to a range of customers and stakeholders over the phone, in person, and via written communication
- Administer procurement of uniforms, stationery, and other corporate functions when required
- Provide general clerical and administrative support to the Corporate Services Directorate and the Executive Assistant including organising travel, accommodation, and catering for events and meetings
- Assist the Governance and Engagement team to implement community consultation processes, prepare meeting documentation such as agendas, minutes and general administrative support
Skills and Experience:
- Certificate 2 in administration, governance or equivalent experience in an administration or customer service role
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and other administrative software
- A positive, professional and approachable manner
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Good literacy, numeracy and computer skills with a focus on attention to detail and accuracy
Staff choose to work here because of their commitment to advancing the lives of our residents. Staff are rewarded with diverse and challenging work that supports career growth.
- 6 weeks leave
- Up to 3% additional Employer Super Contribution
- Remote Salary packaging
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
This is an incredible opportunity to live and work in Central Australia. For further information contact
Jeff Tan - Coordinator Communications and Engagement, by phoning 0428 040 485