Coordinator Aged and Disability Services
- Full-Time - Fixed Term Contract
- Base Salary Package starting at $78,782
- Total Effective Package: $88,008.21 (inclusive of leave loading and superannuation)
- Based in Haasts Bluff
MacDonnell Regional Council
MRC was established in 2008 and its area covers our 13 major remote communities as well as many outstations. MRC employs over 500 staff, 370 of whom are the local Aboriginal staff.
MRC's vision is "many voices, one dream, building a quality desert lifestyle" and our mission is "to improve the lives of Council residents by delivering valued and relevant services".
The position of Coordinator Aged & Disability Services reports directly to the Manager Aged and Disability Services and ensures that quality, culturally appropriate services are delivered to aged and disabled clients within the allocated budget.
- Coordinate aged, disability and school nutrition services across assigned Council locations, ensuring service continuity, continuous improvement, and legislative compliance
- Ensure the service is delivered in a culturally appropriate manner, in line with community development principles, committing to the continual development of the service
- Develop and maintain partnerships with staff, clients, families, health professionals to identify client needs and make recommendations within a Consumer Directed Care model of service delivery
- Support and train staff in all aspects of service delivery including the understanding of policies and procedures, creating daily work plans and rosters
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience working in a culturally and linguistically diverse environment
- Experience in managing financial and physical resources within set budget
- High level of communication skills
- Strong literacy, numeracy, and computer skills
- Ability to manage financial and physical resources
Staff choose to work here because of their commitment to advancing the lives of our residents. Staff are rewarded with diverse and challenging work that supports career growth.
- 6 weeks leave
- A tax-free, allowance for overnight stays away from your assigned communities
- Up to 3% additional Employer Super Contribution
- Remote Salary packaging
This is an incredible opportunity to live and work in Central Australia. For further information contact
Luke Everingham - Manager Aged & Disability Services, by phoning (08) 8958 9623
Applications close 9 August 2020