Essential Services Officer
- Fixed Term Full-time contract
- Base Salary Package starting at $70,559
- Total Effective Package: $78,822.21 (inclusive of leave loading and superannuation)
MacDonnell Regional Council
MRC was established in 2008 and its area covers our 13 major remote communities as well as many outstations. MRC employs over 500 staff, 370 of whom are the local Aboriginal staff.
MRC's vision is "many voices, one dream, building a quality desert lifestyle" and our mission is "to improve the lives of Council residents by delivering valued and relevant services".
The Essential Services Officer (ESO) is responsible for the maintenance of Power, Water and Sewerage infrastructure in accordance with PowerWater Essential Services agreement. As well is this, the ESO is responsible for attending emergency and call out situations. The ESO will conduct supervision to trainees and conduct reports on a frequent basis.
- Maintenance of all power generation, water and sewerage infrastructure
- Regular servicing of power generation units and maintenance of PowerWater infrastructure
- Maintain aircraft landing areas (ALA)
- Maintain vehicles, tools, plant and equipment allocated to delivery of the service
- Attend PowerWater emergency and after hours call outs, including attending actual or potential interruptions to Essential Services or other critical events
- Attend medical evacuations as required
- Attend to Official Order Requests (OOR) as required
- Quote and assess the scope of any additional works as required
- Develop, supervise and mentor indigenous and relief trainees in the performance of specified duties
- Liaise with PowerWater internal and external contractors
- Communicate to a range of stakeholders and provide expert advice on PowerWater related matters
Skills and Experience
- Current C Class Drivers Licence
- At least 6 months experience in a similar role
- Certificate 2 in Rural Operations or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to work in a culturally and linguistically diverse environment
- Relevant plant and equipment tickets
- Willingness to obtain:
- Current White Card and Working at Height Certification
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Certificate 2 in Remote Area
- 4WD Certificate
- Trade qualifications
- Previous experience living and working in a remote location
Staff choose to work here because of their commitment to advancing the lives of our residents. Staff are rewarded with diverse and challenging work that supports career growth.
- 6 weeks leave
- Up to 3% additional Employer Super Contribution
- Remote Salary packaging
This is an incredible opportunity to live and work in Central Australia. For further information contact Keith Hassett, Manager Service Centre Delivery, by phoning 0407 991 175.
Applications close: 14 July 2020