Coordinator Aged and Disability Services - Community
- Full-time fixed-term contract until 30 June 2023
- Base salary package starting at $78,782
- Total effective package: $88,008 (inclusive of leave loading and superannuation)
- Multiple locations available
MacDonnell Regional Council:
MRC was established in 2008 and its area covers our 13 major remote communities as well as many outstations. MRC employs over 500 staff, 370 of whom are the local Aboriginal staff.
MRC's vision is "many voices, one dream, building a quality desert lifestyle" and our mission is "to improve the lives of Council residents by delivering valued and relevant services".
The Coordinator Aged and Disability Services is responsible for the delivery of the MacDonnell Regional Council (MRC) Aged & and Disability program service. This includes mentoring and coordinating local staff to ensure that quality, culturally appropriate services are delivered to aged and disability clients.
- Coordinate aged, disability and school nutrition services across assigned Council locations, ensuring service continuity, continuous improvement and legislative compliance
- Ensure the service is delivered in a culturally appropriate manner, in line with community development principles, committing to the continual development of the service
- Develop and maintain partnerships with staff, clients, families, health professionals to identify client needs and make recommendations within a Consumer Directed Care model of service delivery
- Develop and implement quality improvement plans for assigned Council locations to ensure service outputs meet client and Council expectations and legislative standards
- Ensure all service records, site documentation and site reports are completed to a high standard and in a timely manner
- Ensure the timely undertaking of client assessments, development and review of client care plans, issuing client correspondence, and maintaining up to date client records
- Support and train staff in all aspects of service delivery including the understanding of policies and procedures, creating daily work plans and rosters
- Conduct regular team meetings and implement approved training and mentoring programs to ensure staff learning needs are identified and met
- Oversee the development and regular review of menu and meal plans for School Nutrition, aged and disability services clients
- Monitor and oversee periodic equipment, consumable and food orders in line with the approved budget
Skills and experience:
- Diploma level qualification in Aged Care or Community Services or equivalent experience
- Considerable experience working remotely with Aboriginal Torres Strait Islander people
- Understanding of aged and disability client needs
- Demonstrated ability to work in a culturally and linguistically diverse environment
- Current NT Driver's license
- Current Ochre Card or the ability to obtain one
- Currently hold or willingness to obtain a Cert IV Training and Assessment
- Knowledge of the National Aged Care Standards
- Safe food handling and/or domestic cleaning qualifications
- Good understanding of family dynamics in a remote Indigenous context
- Current First Aid Certificate
Staff choose to work here because of their commitment to advancing the lives of our residents. Staff are rewarded with diverse and challenging work that supports career growth.
- 6 weeks annual leave and generous personal, study and cultural leave
- Up to 3% additional employer super contribution
- Remote salary packaging
Under MacDonnell Regional Council's Special Measures Scheme, Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply for this position and will be given preference in the selection process if they meet all the essential selection criteria and are suitable at the position level.
This is an incredible opportunity to live and work in Central Australia.
For further information contact Amandeep Kaur (Daisy), Manager Aged and Disability, by phoning (08) 8958 9692.