Human Resources Officer
- Temporary, full-time contract (maternity fill position)
- Salary Range $63,964.00 - $68,413 per annum
- 17.5% leave loading on 6 weeks on annual leave
- Alice Springs based
MacDonnell Regional Council
MRC was established in 2008 and its area covers our 13 major remote communities as well as many outstations. MRC employs over 500 staff, 370 of whom are the local Aboriginal staff. MRC's vision is "many voices, one dream, building a quality desert lifestyle" and our mission is "to improve the lives of Council residents by delivering valued and relevant services".
As one of our Human Resources Officer's, you will be responsible for providing customer-focused advice, service and support on a broad range of Human Resource matters. Using your effective communication and decision-making skills, you will excel in building effective relationships and achieving positive outcomes in HR matters.
- Provide recruitment services on behalf of MacDonnell Regional Council including development of recruitment ads, managing applications, scheduling interviews, preparing letters of offer, processing Criminal History Checks and Ochre Card applications, and the on-boarding of new employees
- Create and maintain accurate employee records in electronic and hard copy format according to the MRC Records policy
- Conduct inductions for head office employees and key community-based positions
- Provide accurate advice to current and prospective employees regarding HR policies /procedures, the National Employment Standards, MRC Enterprise Agreement and contractual requirements
- Generate reports to monitor and manage important expiry dates such as probationary periods, contract expiry, licences, Ochre Cards and Criminal History Checks to mitigate compliance risks
- Following up on outstanding paperwork with the relevant Managers/ Coordinators
- Complete a range of administrative tasks related to Human Resources as required
- Provide administrative support to other areas of the Human Resources Team as delegated by the Coordinator Human Resources Operations
- Support and manage the separation process, including preparing the acknowledgement of resignations, exit interviews, maintaining termination lists and managing the employee file
- Assist in the review and implementation of HR policies and procedures as required
Skills and Experience
- Ability to apply decision-making skills in order to prioritise tasks and determine own daily work schedule
- Ability to communicate with others in a range of cross-cultural situations including the resolution of routine problems
- Strong interpersonal skills in influencing people, building effective relationships and achieving positive outcomes
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and promote a positive, innovative working environment
- Cert IV in Human Resources and/or considerable relevant experience working in HR or Payroll
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office and knowledge of HRIS functions
- High attention to detail, with the ability to be organised and work to deadlines effectively
- Ability to provide a good level of customer service
- Knowledge and ability to provide advice on a broad range of human resources matters such as recruitment, terms and conditions employment included in the MRC Enterprise Agreement and letters of offer to be provided to staff
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriate professional boundaries
Staff choose to work here because of their commitment to advancing the lives of our residents. Staff are rewarded with diverse and challenging work that supports career growth.
- 6 weeks leave
- Up to 3% additional Employer Super Contribution
- Remote Salary packaging
Under MacDonnell Regional Council's Special Measures Scheme, Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply for this position and will be preferenced in the selection process if they meet all the essential selection criteria.
This is an incredible opportunity to live and work in Central Australia. For further information contact Coordinator Human Resources Operations, Thomas Coelli-Donaghy, by phoning (08) 8958 9617.
Note: Applications will be assesed as they come in. Apply early.