Full time Position, based in Alice Springs
- Base Salary starting at $70,912
- Total Effective Package: $79,216 (inclusive superannuation and leave loading)
- Based in Alice Springs with regular travel to remote communities
MacDonnell Regional Council (MRC)
MRC was established in 2008 and its area covers our 13 major remote communities as well as many outstations. MRC employs over 500 staff, 370 of whom are the local Aboriginal staff.
MRC's vision is "many voices, one dream, building a quality desert lifestyle" and our mission is "to improve the lives of Council residents by delivering valued and relevant services".
MRC is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Mobile Mechanic to assess, maintain and repair cars, trucks and plant equipment within the MRC fleet. Up to 75% of work time will be spent travelling to and working in remote communities in the MacDonnell Regional Council area.
The position has the following key responsibilities:
- Service and maintain a wide range of fleet vehicles, plant and equipment
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Update the MRC fleet database on a job by job basis
- Provide fleet maintenance and upkeep advice to MRC staff
- Plan and organise workload to maximise productivity and meet deadlines
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with MRC staff, stakeholders and suppliers
- Embrace and demonstrate the values of the Council in all work tasks
- Maintain an awareness of and adhere to the MRC safety management system requirements,
Skills and Experience:
- Completed mechanical trade certification
- A minimum 2 years experience as a qualified mechanic
- High level of communication skills to provide key advice to internal stakeholders
- Operate with a high level of independence
- Strong work ethic and reliability
- Meticulous eye for detail in all mechanical tasks
- A Current NT Drivers License
- HR Licence is desirable but not essential
- Ability to work in a culturally and linguistically diverse environment
Staff choose to work at MRC because of their commitment to advancing the lives of our residents. Staff are rewarded with diverse and challenging work that supports career growth.
- 6 weeks annual leave and generous personal, study and cultural leave
- Up to 3% additional Employer Super Contribution
- Remote Salary packaging
Under MacDonnell Regional Council's Special Measures Scheme, Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply for this position and will be preferenced in the selection process if they meet all the essential selection criteria and are suitable at the position level.
This is an incredible opportunity to live and work in Central Australia. For further information contact
For more details contact: Brenden Hall (08) 8958 7676
Applications close: Monday 25 January 2021