Team Leader - Youth
- Full-time, fixed-term contract
- Base salary package starting at $71,066.00
- Total effective package: $79,388.58 (inclusive of leave loading and superannuation)
- Multiple locations
- Relocation allowance
MacDonnell Regional Council
MRC was established in 2008 and its area covers our 13 major remote communities as well as many outstations. MRC employs over 500 staff, 370 of whom are the local Aboriginal staff.
MRC's vision is "many voices, one dream, building a quality desert lifestyle" and our mission is "to improve the lives of Council residents by delivering valued and relevant services".
The Team Leader Youth Services oversees all aspects in the delivery of youth service programs within a community, including managing a small team of local staff targeted towards young people aged 5-25 years old. As the Team Leader, you will engage in building positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders within the region.
MRC is looking for someone that possess the drive, commitment, strong work ethic, who is a natural role model for young people and has sound decision-making skills. To succeed in this role you must have a positive attitude with strong communication, experience working with young people, leadership experience, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Implementation of all aspects of MacDonnell Regional Council's Youth Services (MacYouth) in a designated community
- Adhering to MRC's Regional Plan and Youth Services Standards, including the design, delivery and evaluation of Youth specific programming
- Supervise Youth Services staff according to MRC policies and procedures
- Support the development of Youth Services staff through regular supervision, line management, training and mentoring
- Contribute towards building the capacity of local indigenous staff to create pathways for individual progression
- Undertake performance management of Youth Services staff as required
- Oversee all youth-specific administration requirements, including monthly reports, staff timesheets and internal correspondence
- Provide intensive case management for Youth Services clients, including supporting school enrolment, court-ordered Youth diversion, family support & referrals to and from other organisations
- Engage in building positive community stakeholder relationships with key identified stakeholders Undertake regular collaboration with Youth boards, Local Authorities and other community-based organisations to ensure that Youth Services programs are responsive to community needs
- Ongoing maintenance and management of Youth Services facilities, vehicles and resources Adhere to MRC's policies and procedures and Workplace Health and Safety legislation
- Develop and implement self-care procedures to support and sustain employee wellbeing
- Undertake training related to your role as reasonable required Abide by the Employee code of conduct and the MRC Enterprise Agreement
- Travel to/work in a range of service delivery centres
Skills and experience:
- Certificate 4 level qualifications in Youth, Sport and Recreation, Community Development or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 6 months' experience within a Youth Services role including undertaking supervisory responsibilities
- Current Ochre Card
- Current NT driver's license
- Current First Aid certificate or willingness to obtain one
- Proven management and leadership skills, including the ability to lead and motivate a team
- Proven ability in managing physical resources, with established job planning, analytical and reporting skills
- Experience in establishing and maintaining positive relationships with stakeholders with skills in negotiation and conflict management
- Sound decision-making skills including an analytical approach to problem-solving
- Experience in the implementation and evaluation of youth-specific programming
- Sound computer skills including experience using a number of diverse software programs
- Demonstrated ability to work in a culturally and linguistically diverse environment
MRC is a culturally diverse organisation with an emphasis on celebrating Aboriginal culture and ways of living. Joining MRC will mean that you work as part of a team to advance the lives of residents and will be rewarded with diverse and challenging work that supports individual career growth.
- 6 weeks leave
- Up to 3% additional Employer Super Contribution
- Remote salary packaging
Under MacDonnell Regional Council's Special Measures Scheme, Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply for this position and will be preferenced in the selection process if they meet all the essential selection criteria and are suitable at the position level.
This is an incredible opportunity to live and work in Central Australia.
For further information, contact Belinda Malone - Coordinator Youth Services - 0428-368-815
Applications Close: 31 January 2021