Team Leader Works
- Full-time, permanent contract
- Salary commencing at $70,713.00
- Total remuneration package (including super and leave loading): $78,994.24 p.a.
- Located in Kintore
MacDonnell Regional Council
MRC was established in 2008 and its area covers our 13 major remote communities as well as many outstations. MRC employs over 500 staff, 370 of whom are the local Aboriginal staff.
MRC's vision is "many voices, one dream, building a quality desert lifestyle" and our mission is "to improve the lives of Council residents by delivering valued and relevant services".
The role has the responsibility of coordinating municipal work, whilst supervising and mentoring Work's Assistant staff. The Team Leader Works plans municipal activities alongside the Council Service Coordinator ensuring that work is done in accordance to MRC policies, procedures, and contractual requirements. Municipal works include but are not limited to maintenance of parks, open spaces, sports grounds, cemeteries, and roads. As well as this, animal management, fleet and asset management, and, reporting is an inherent requirement of this role. The successful applicant will have at least two years' experience in a similar role as well as experience in supervising staff.
- Carry out and coordinate tasks related to municipal operations
- Supervise and mentor Works Assistants and Senior Assistants in the performance of daily duties
- Participate in recruitment and performance management processes
- Plan municipal work activities in consultation with the Council Service Coordinator
- Ensure that rubbish collections are carried out twice per week and community waste management facility is maintained to Council standards
- Maintain and develop parks and open spaces, sports grounds, and cemetery
- Assist with the delivery of animal management program
- Conduct minor road repairs as required
Skills and Experience:
- Current NT (LR/MR Class) Drivers Licence
- Current White Card
- Relevant plant and equipment tickets
- Willing to obtain First Aid Certificate
- At least 2 years experience in a similar role including the supervision of other staff
- Experience operating a broad range of tools and equipment including plant and machinery
- Demonstrated ability to work in a culturally and linguistically diverse environment
Staff chooses to work here because of their commitment to advancing the lives of our residents. Staff is rewarded with diverse and challenging work that supports career growth.
- 6 weeks leave
- Up to 3% additional Employer Super Contribution
- Remote Salary packaging
This is an incredible opportunity to live and work in Central Australia.
For further information contact Keith Hassett, Manager Service Delivery, by phoning 0407 991 175.