Coordinator Community Safety
- Salary package commencing at $87,765 inclusive of superannuation and leave loading
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Full Time Fixed Term Contract ending 30 June 2021
- Alice Springs based
MacDonnell Regional Council is seeking a dedicated Community Safety Coordinator to join our team.
Reporting to the Manager Community Safety, you will be responsible for the coordination and development of Community Safety teams in a number of remote Indigenous communities. The Community Safety teams assist with school attendance and support the safety and wellbeing of community residents.
More specifically, your key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Overseeing the effective delivery of the Community Safety service in a number of remote communities
- Providing support, development, training and leadership to the Community Safety teams
- Developing innovative strategies to assist teams in promoting the safety and wellbeing of residents, placing an emphasis on supporting communities and families to increase school attendance
- Liaising with key stakeholders including community members, other service providers, government agencies, and NT Police
We are seeking a leader who understands and practices community development principles, adaptive leadership and the importance of staff development. Innovation and experience in community safety, youth development, social sciences/social work and training are highly desirable.
This rewarding role requires strong staff development background. Your ability to successfully work with staff and assist with their progression and understanding in their respective roles is vital to this position.
An engaging and adaptive leadership style will be needed to effectively support and implement the strategic direction of Community Safety Teams.
Strong written and oral communication skills, the ability to respond to complex enquiries and produce reports that require original content, will be pivotal to your success in this highly varied role. A Diploma in Community Services or related field is also a requirement of this role.
This position is offered on a full time fixed term basis, ending 30 June 2021. The position is based in Alice Springs, however regular travel to remote communities, including over night stays is an essential part of this role.
Please note: It is a requirement of this role that successful candidates have a current C class Driver's Licence, with manual driving capacity.
For details contact Rohan Marks on (08) 8958 9610.
Applications close: 18 December 2019