Team Leader - Works
- Salary package commencing at $78,994 inclusive of superannuation and leave loading
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Subsidised accommodation
MacDonnell Regional Council's vision is "many voices, one dream, building a quality desert lifestyle" and our mission is "to improve the lives of Council residents by delivering valued and relevant services".
The Council's Service Centre Delivery Directorate provides a range of services which include Waste Management, Parks & Cemetery Maintenance, Civil and Municipal Works, Power Water Essential Services, Australia Post, Centrelink and Council Administration Services.
As the Team Leader Works you will be responsible for leading a Civil Works team in undertaking municipal duties such as maintaining Council assets (fleet, plant & equipment), parks, gardens, roads, cemetery, garbage collection and minor construction projects.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Proven ability in leading a team in an outdoor environment
- Experience operating variety of machinery - diggers, excavators, backhoes etc.
- Strength in developing and mentoring staff
- Demonstrated experience in scheduling and coordinating multiple tasks
- Demonstrated self management skills and ability to excel in a remote environment
- Experience working with Indigenous Australians in a remote location
The role of Team Leader is a senior position on community and requires good people management skills, exceptional interpersonal and communication skills that will enable liaising with a wide variety of stakeholders. You will also require the ability to develop and maintain positive relationships within the community. A genuine interest in community development and making a difference in a remote based locality is required.
Applications close 15 November 2019
Contact - Donelle Fraser, Manager Service Delivery, 0457 511 865